Ruby and Fedora 17

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 10:16:38 UTC 2012

Hi Phil,

----- Original Message -----
> Slavek,
>

> On 2012-07-16 18:02, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
> > Hi Phil,

Hmm, so I have precisely the same setup and locate can see actionmailer in /usr/local/share/gems/gems. Is it possible that you're running "locate" under a user who can't read the directory? I'm kind of running out of ideas. It seems that this is not Rubygems related problem.

I tried this locally:
yum install rubygems
gem install actionmailer
updatedb
locate gem | grep actionmailer

These steps printed bunch of the files under /usr/local/share/gems for me, so I can't really reproduce the issue.

Does anyone else have any idea what might be going on here?

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.