is-it-fedora-ruby update

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 20:04:22 UTC 2012

Just a quick update regarding the Fedora/Ruby project Zuhao has been
working on as part of the Google Summer of Code.

As many of you may remember, Zuhao has been working on a rails based
site to highlight the ruby sig's community's effort in packaging ruby
gems, developing ruby software, and overall improving the Ruby
experience on Fedora. Zuhao has made great headway with the project so
far, implementing Rake modules that allows us to pull the gem and rpm
packages into the local db as well as various frontend interfaces which
to display and cross-reference the gem / rpm metadata and other info
[1][2].

Various other features are in progress including the ability to comment
and rate specific packages, a section highlighting various projects
based on the Fedora / Ruby stack, and a mechanism to more closely
integrate w/ rubygems as gems are pushed.

I've hosted the website on one of my servers for the time being and
pointed a subdomain to it [3]. Towards the end of the summer we'll
update the site with the latest developments, reserve the
is-it-fedora-ruby (or other) domain, and point it at the server.

Any comments or feedback would be more than appreciated as well as any
patches or feature requests for the codebase. I'd like to thank Zuhao
for the work so far and am looking forward to seeing the site continue
to develop.

  -Mo

[1] http://mo.morsi.org/files/gsoc/isitfedoraruby/02-gem-list.png
[2]