Redmine in Fedora?

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 12:30:43 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 07/18/2012 12:02 PM, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
> > Will you ship redmine with Gemfile.lock?
> > No:
> > - User will run bundle install, that will install all the newest
> > versions from rubygems.org, not caring about older versions
> > installed by
> > RPM. Result: redmine runs (by estimate) on half of RPM gems, half
> > of
> > non-RPM gems.
>
> another option (like we do for foreman packaging [1]) is to not to
> ship
> the lock file, but run bundler install --local in the post
> transaction
> section of the rpm.
>

> Ohad
> [1] - http://yum.theforeman.org/development/
> [2] - https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-rpms

That still doesn't solve the issue, I think:
1) redmine requires rubygem-foo
2) user installs redmine, rpm runs "bundle install --local" and locks the currently installed version
3) in the meantime, rubygem-foo gets updated to newer version
4) user installs newer version of rubygem-foo (which uninstalls older version of rubygem-foo)
5) redmine's Gemfile.lock is broken

Yet I agree that we should follow this way, it seems like a good approach to me.

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.