F17 ruby help request

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 09:08:29 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Dne 5.3.2012 19:59, Michael Stahnke napsal(a):
> > I'm a little bogged down at $DAYJOB currently and would love if I
> > could get any help to resolve some dependency problems due
> > (partially)
> > to the Ruby 1.9 upgrade in F17.
> >

> > The following packages are sending me reminders of dependency
> > resolution issues.  If anybody needs access to co-maintain, or
> > fixup,
> > please let me know.  I appreciate any help.
> >
> > rubygem-gettext_activerecord
> > rubygem-calendar_date_select
> > rubygem-httparty
> > rubygem-crack
> > rubygem-activeldap
> > rubygem-linode
> >

> > stahnma
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> * Since http_party blocks most of the packages and that is blocked by
> multi_xml, I am already poking around it.
> * rubygem-gettext_activerecord was retired and waiting for rel-engs.
> Not
> sure why it reminds you since you are maintainer just for EPEL.
> * Not sure about rubygem-calendar_date_select. It is not well
> maintained, may be it is time to retire it?
>
> Vit

And to sum up the remaining:
- rubygem-crack - I will gladly help you with this, it will break httparty, but it's broken anyway, because it wasn't rebuilt for Ruby 1.9.3 yet, so I'd suggest updating crack to latest upstream.
- rubygem-activeldap - Not sure we can update this one. The older versions don't work with Ruby 1.9.x and the newer version depend on activemodel ~> 3.1.0.
- rubygem-linode - Depends on rubygem-httparty, so again, multi_xml -> httparty -> other stuff.

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.