gem-nice-install

Guillermo Gómez guillermo.gomez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:38:36 UTC 2012

Nothing is preventing me to use it for myself in Fedora at all, and i will,
but not sure i'll keep it for long, since we are trying to keep the most
standard ways to work in order to not be limited to one platform specifics
(ruby and any other interpreted lang has that as a pro, and making this gem
Fedora only for now is a just limitation we should try to overcome).

I dont know if i can help (not sure i have what's needed, knowledge or
time, or none of both)....

krgds

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:

>  We definitely accept every pull request which add support for platform
> other then Fedora/RHEL.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what is preventing you from using gem-nice-install
> on Fedora at least?
>

> Vit
>

> Dne 12.11.2012 11:47, Guillermo Gómez napsal(a):
>
> Great !
>
> I would like to use it, and i will with my Fedora personal devel boxes but
> for sure must wait to see this support other distros before to talk about
> it with my team ;) Sometimes we must use others distro for deploy so... For
> me and my company in Venezuela, Debian is a must. Will it be possible to
> get there? (plus rmps like RHEL/Centos/SL).
>
> Gomix
>

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Today, I have released gem-nice-install RubyGems plugin, which helps you
>> to install binary gems on your Fedora/RHEL.
>>
>> Any feedback welcome, as well as opinion, if we should integrate this
>> plugin on Fedora by default.
>>

>> Vit
>

> --
> Ing.Guillermo Gomez S.