JRuby 1.7 and Fedora

Charles Oliver Nutter headius at headius.com
Sat Sep 15 16:25:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 2:16 AM, Bohuslav Kabrda <bkabrda at redhat.com> wrote:
>> We have a standing bug to get all of our changes pushed upstream.
>> Most
>> of them are just one-off patches, but there's also our maven support
>> (which, I'm sad to say, never really worked like we wanted it to).
>> Ideally we could ship stock RubyGems for JRuby 1.7 final.
>>

> Great, cool, superb :) That is exactly what Fedora needs.
> I will definitely try how that will work with our system rubygems, once that is done.

We have opted to remove Maven support from our fork of RubyGems, which
left only two diffs from upstream. I've submitted pull requests for
both of them; the second could use a little cleanup and love,
probably.

https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/pull/370
https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/pull/371

I've pushed the Maven removal to our fork. It will be nice to finally
ditch the fork soon.

- Charlie