Bringing GitLab in Fedora

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 18:11:28 UTC 2013

There is a way around this if therubyracer is being pulled in by execjs.
You can set an environment variable to use the system js binary, which is
in Fedora by default.

EXECJS_RUNTIME=SpiderMonkey

Then you don't need the racer.

In general, though, execution of JavaScript from Ruby is annoying. I have
high hopes that DynJS or Nashhorn (JVM implementations) are going to help
solve this problem. Easier to invoke Java (esp in JRuby) than deal with
compiling libv8 cross platform.

-Dan

--
Sent from my CyanogenMod-powered