Using Fedora Ruby

Josef Stribny jstribny at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 12:56:15 UTC 2013

Hi Sayth,

do you need to manage your Ruby versions? If not, just go with the system default, that would be easier.
If you need RVM, you shouldn't have any issues compiling Ruby with it on Fedora either.

I currently develop on Fedora's system Ruby, without RVM, and I use PostgreSQL for both development
and production (running on OpenShift). But the choice of the database should be based on the project
or your current knowledge.

If you are going to set up Rails with PostgreSQL and run into problems, perhaps I can help you.

Regards
Josef