excluding dot files from gems

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Thu Dec 12 10:55:24 UTC 2013

Dne 11.12.2013 19:57, Sam Kottler napsal(a):

> [...]

Generally we remove this files, because rpmlint complains about them:

$ rpmlint -I hidden-file-or-dir
hidden-file-or-dir:
The file or directory is hidden. You should see if this is normal, and
delete
it from the package if not.

>> What do you think about something like this?
> Generally fine IMO, but I don't see much a reason to patch the gemspec for something like this TBH.

And there is no reason to ship any dot file in any of gems (as well as
Gemfile, Rakefile, etc).

Vít