running tests against MySQL

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Mon Feb 18 16:32:28 UTC 2013

Thanks Vit for the response. I ended up trying to start MySQL manually
inside %check, and it did not work out. I've commented out my
work-in-progress here [1] .

I briefly considered SQLite, but the problem is that the gem itself
only supports MySQL or Postgresql [2]. So I'd need to write SQLite
support, and I'm afraid that's beyond my expertise :-/

- Ken

[1] http://fedorapeople.org/cgit/ktdreyer/public_git/rubygem-thinking-sphinx.git/tree/rubygem-thinking-sphinx.spec
[2] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/thinking-sphinx/JER_o0OiiuU/discussion