JRuby masterplan for F19 - RFC

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 11:08:17 UTC 2013

Dne 8.1.2013 11:46, Miroslav Suchý napsal(a):
> On 12/13/2012 08:31 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> Yes, we have, but you need to have root privileges to use them. That is
>> not cool.
>
> Why is not cool?
> If everything with #!ruby should be executed by jruby instead of
> cRuby, then I would expect that I need root privileges for this change.

Yes, "if everything" and if system administrator should decide about it.
E.g.

1) System administrator decides that he wants JRuby and JRuby only on
the system, them he installs just JRuby and everything works. User
cannot choose.
2) System administrator decides that hew wants to have available MRI,
JRuby and Rubinius on the system and user can freely choose, then
alternatives cannot help.

Vít