Policy re Gems that don't have RPMs yet? - devise attempt

Axilleas Pipinellis axilleaspi at ymail.com
Fri Jul 5 20:31:02 UTC 2013

On 07/05/2013 09:38 PM, Philip Rhoades wrote:

> Although the Gem RPMS you have produced seem to be working fine, now
> that I have started this exercise I will persist with trying to make
> the Devise RPM . .
>
> I have downloaded your spec file so I can see how far I get with that
> - after some minor editing, it seems the next requirement is to
> install gems to fulfill:
>
>   BuildRequires: rubygem(minitest)
>   BuildRequires: rubygem(activerecord)
>   BuildRequires: rubygem(rake)
>   BuildRequires: rubygem(multi_json)
>
> ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil.

Yes, most of BuildRequires are needed for the tests to run
(at least that's what I have encountered so far). If you run
rpmbuild on the spec file and a dependency of a BuildRequires
is not met, it will halt with a message like:

error: Failed build dependencies:
        rubygem(activerecord) is needed by
rubygem-devise-2.2.4-1.fc19.noarch
        rubygem(multi_json) is needed by rubygem-devise-2.2.4-1.fc19.noarch

So, the next step would be to install what you are missing.

--
GPG : 0xABF99BE5
Blog: http://axilleas.me