Rails and Bundler

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Fri Jun 28 20:15:54 UTC 2013

In looking over the release notes for Rails 4, it looks like it has a
hard requirement on Bundler. Is that the case?

I have been working on patching out Bundler's initialization from
Gitorious in preparation for packaging it, so that I could avoid the
problems associated with hard dependencies on specific minor version
numbers for each Gem. I wonder if the sisyphean boulder is just going
to roll back down the other side of the hill if Rails 4 itself will
require Bundler.

Any advice?

- Ken