%gem_install macro

Troy Dawson tdawson at redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 13:59:05 UTC 2013

On 03/18/2013 04:10 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have noticed, that although you are updating your packages to be
> buildable with F19, you are not doing it properly. The %gem_install
> macro, which is mentioned in guidelines, was not introduced just to
> annoy you. It should help you. You probably did not noticed, but without
> the macro, your package does not contain generated RDoc documentation
> anymore. Please fix your packages.
>
> If you want to have your life a bit easier, I prepared update script for
> you [1]. The f19.rb is doing the basic conversion. If you want to update
> also the changelog, then please use the update.rb.
>

> Thank you.
>

> Vít
>

> [1] https://github.com/voxik/fermig

Hi Vit,
You are correct, on the packages that I fixed up I haven't been doing
that.  I wasn't doing it because I still have to maintain several gems
across the Fedora's and EPEL.
I looked at your scripts (very nice by the way) and then at the
documentation,[2] to try to figure out the clearest, easiest way to have
it work on both, and I had a surprise.
Did something happen to the documentation?
I would have sworn it had something on %gem_install, but now I can't
find it at all.

Troy

[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Ruby