Ruby 2.1.0

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Mon Oct 7 14:05:14 UTC 2013

Hi Rubyists!

I have pushed .spec file for Ruby 2.1.0 preview1 into private-ruby-2.1
[1] branch of Ruby's dist-git repository and I'll be pushing there
further changes leading into Ruby 2.1.0 package for Fedora 21. However:

* ATM, it doesn't build in Koji unfortunately, since there seems to be
some deadlock in test suite. Nevertheless, it builds (almost) fine in
mock on my computer.
* preview1 ships with preview version of RubyGems 2.2 and RDoc 4.1.0
which produces nonconforming package names such as
"rubygems-2.2.0.preview.1-0.15.preview1.fc21.noarch.rpm". Since I expect
that final version will ship non-preview versions, I don't care much
about the names.

Please test the package if you like. Any feedback (and help/patches ;)
is welcome.

Thanks

Vít

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ruby.git/log/?h=private-ruby-2.1