rubygems 2.1.9 on rawhide and F-20

Josef Stribny jstribny at redhat.com
Wed Oct 23 14:28:57 UTC 2013

> +#  1) Failure:
> +#TestGemExtBuilder#test_build_extensions_extconf_bad [/home/mtasaka/rpmbuild/fedora-SCM/rubygems/master/rubygems-2.1.9/test/rubygems/test_gem_ext_builder.rb:94]:
> +#Expected /\/usr\/bin\/ruby: No such file/  to match "/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb \n/usr/bin/ruby-mri: No such file or directory -- extconf.rb (LoadError)\n".
>

> Pretty annoying bug :/
>

> Vít

This is caused by RubyGems relying on Gem.ruby path to the actual bin
file being run as ruby program.

In Fedora F19 and higher where we use RubyPick, Gem.ruby is still
"/usr/bin/ruby", but errors in Ruby are being reported from the
respective Ruby implementation running - /usr/bin/ruby-mri in our case.

$ ruby extconf.rb
/usr/bin/ruby-mri: No such file or directory -- extconf.rb (LoadError)

Maybe we should change Gem.ruby to point to the implementation running.

Josef