Minitest 5 update

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Fri Apr 4 16:19:58 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
> Dne 1.4.2014 12:46, Vít Ondruch napsal(a):
>> * I'd go with update to minitest 5 (probably tomorrow, unless you'll be
>> fast enough to point out some weak points ;)
>
> rubygem-minitest-5.3.1-1.fc21 is now available in Rawhide [1].

My first gem package broke yesterday on this :) rubygem-geoip-1.4.0-1

I've submitted patches upstream for Minitest 5 support, and
rubygem-geoip-1.4.0-2 builds successfully.

I did have to migrate away from testrb in %check in order to make my
backwards-compatibility-with-mintest-4 hack succeed. I don't know what
testrb was doing differently, but it's probably a good idea to remove
testrb in any regard.

By the way, do you have a list of all the gems that failed to build
with Minitest 5? I'd like to take a look and see if I can help fix
some of them (particularly the ones that are mine... :)

- Ken