Ruby 2.1 mass rebuild

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 10:26:14 UTC 2014

Hi Rubyists,

Today, I have built Ruby 2.1 [1]! It is built in the f21-ruby side tag
[2]. Now it is time for your action. Please check the updated Ruby
guidelines [3] and start rebuilding packages using command:

fedpkg build --target=f21-ruby

For help with migration and build, you can use fermig [4]. Single file
can be migrated by update.rb script [5]:

$ ~/projects/fermig/update.rb rubygem-foo.spec

This is the list of package which must be rebuild:

$ repoquery --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rawhide
--enablerepo=rawhide-source --arch=src --whatrequires 'ruby-devel'

But I'd like to encourage you to check all your packages, if they are
compatible with Ruby 2.1 (for example yesterday, I had to update
rubygem-introspection to be compatible with Ruby 2.1).

Also note the update of Minitest 4.x to Minitest 5.x which may cause
some troubles.

Anyway, together with jstribny, we will go through every package and try
to rebuild if you'll not be faster then us ;) Any help is appreciated as
well as feedback.

Thanks

Vít

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=509933