Ruby 2.1 mass rebuild

Achilleas Pipinellis axilleaspi at ymail.com
Thu Apr 10 12:39:19 UTC 2014

On 04/09/2014 01:26 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Hi Rubyists,
>

> Today, I have built Ruby 2.1 [1]! It is built in the f21-ruby side tag
> [2]. Now it is time for your action. Please check the updated Ruby
> guidelines [3] and start rebuilding packages using command:
>
> fedpkg build --target=f21-ruby
>
> For help with migration and build, you can use fermig [4]. Single file
> can be migrated by update.rb script [5]:
>
> $ ~/projects/fermig/update.rb rubygem-foo.spec
>
> This is the list of package which must be rebuild:
>
> $ repoquery --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rawhide
> --enablerepo=rawhide-source --arch=src --whatrequires 'ruby-devel'

Just to make sure I understood the whole update thing correctly.
All points below are for f21/rawhide only.

1. The new guidelines say that Requires/Provides should not be listed in
spec. This is for ALL gems right? If so, shouldn't all gems be rebuilt?
Not only those that require ruby-devel.

2. ruby 2.1 isn't yet in rawhide so we must use `--target=f21-ruby` when
pushing an update. I'm not too familiar with koji tags, does that mean
that koji uses a special repo where ruby2.1 is in? What about moving to
rawhide repos, I mean will it be done automatically at some point?

3. When running a test suite of rubygems that require ruby-devel, we
must from now on point to LOAD_PATH explicitly
(-I%{buildroot}%{gem_extdir_mri}). gems with no C extensions should not
require this, right?

Hope I didn't leave anything out :)

--
FAS : axilleas