Ruby 2.1 mass rebuild - status update and possible merge

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 12:12:49 UTC 2014

Hi Rubyists,

 From 150 package which depends on ruby-devel [1], we already rebuild
approx 90 (there are some RoR packages in the mix). Other 31 packages
does not need build, since they are noarch or needed just for %check
section etc. So this gives us 30 more packages which remains for
rebuild. However, they are typically already FTBFS or the .spec file
contains some macros which needs maintainers attention.

The good news that except with minitest issues, the rebuild went rather
smooth IMO.

So, if nobody has objections, I'll ask rel-engs tomorrow to merge the
f21-ruby side tag back to the main f21 tag. This prevents possible
collisions with maintainers doing regular updates of their packages. We
can polish the remaining issues as time permits.

Thanks all for collaboration.

Vít

[1] repoquery --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rawhide
--enablerepo=rawhide-source --arch=src --whatrequires 'ruby-devel' | wc -l