gem-compare: A new tool for tracking upstream changes

Josef Stribny jstribny at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 15:37:16 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I pushed today a new version of gem-compare (0.0.3). Apart from the bug fixes there are three new features:

1, Support for different platforms
   Just use --platform option to compare gems for different platforms.

2, Brief mode
   I finally implemented a first version of the brief mode (-b) that should save the time looking
   over all of the changes because it filters out unimportant spec parameters and lists folders
   instead of files (unless there is something to care about for the given file). Check it out and
   tell me if it's reasonable enough or if we should take some other direction.

3, Checking of added files
   gem-compare now runs permissions and other checks against the new added files as well.

I would like to thank everyone for suggestions and testing that made this version possible.

Best Regards
Josef