rspec-its

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Wed Dec 10 17:17:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Dne 27.10.2014 v 09:23 Vít Ondruch napsal(a):
>>> As far as I understand, its should not be used at all:
>>
>> "its syntax" should read better :)
>>

>> Vít
>>

>>> https://gist.github.com/myronmarston/4503509
>>>
>>> But not everybody is probably convinced, so if it is maintained upstream
>>> and you are willing to maintain it, then I see no problem to introduce
>>> this package into Fedora.
>

> Thanks for pointing me at that link. I've filed an issue with a gem
> upstream that uses it. I hope more upstream gem developers can read
> it.
>
> In the meantime I've opened a review request for rubygem-rspec-its:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1168743

Thanks to mtasaka for doing the review. rubygem-rspec-its is now
available in Rawhide.

I had a couple of gems (rubygem-virtus, rubygem-acts-as-taggable-on)
that required this, and there may be more out there. If you run into
test suite failures in Rawhide with rspec 3, try BuildRequire'ing this
gem! :)

- Ken