Fitting most of supported Fedora/EPEL versions in a single spec

Achilleas Pipinellis axilleaspi at ymail.com
Wed Jun 18 14:08:00 UTC 2014

For starters, the title says **most of**, because I'm not including
EPEL5 :p

To the point.
Now that we have some common ground between the packaging guidelines,
I'm trying to get together a template for packaging: fc19, fc20, fc21,
el6, el7.

I haven't yet packaged anything for EPEL6, so I searched ruby-sig and
found some answers. So far I have written down the R/BR, so please
correct me I am wrong. Here goes:

```
%if 0%{?fc19} || 0%{?fc20} || 0%{?el7}
Requires: ruby(release)
Requires: ruby(rubygems)
%endif

%if 0%{?el6}
Requires: ruby(abi) >= %{rubyabi}
Requires: ruby(rubygems)
BuildRequires: ruby(abi) >= %{rubyabi}
%else
BuildRequires: ruby(release)
%endif

BuildRequires: rubygems-devel

%if 0%{?fc19} || 0%{?fc20} || 0%{?el7} || 0%{?el6}
Provides: rubygem(%{gem_name}) = %{version}
%endif
```