Ruby 2.2 landed in Rawhide

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 08:23:34 UTC 2015

Dne 20.1.2015 v 21:35 Mamoru TASAKA napsal(a):
> Vít Ondruch wrote on 01/21/2015 12:04 AM:
>> I almost forgot to give big kudos to Mamoru who this time handled the
>> majority of the rebuild.
>
> One infos:
>
> * Especially, Config::CONFIG['foo'] is no longer supported. Vít and me
> saw
>   that not a few packages failed to build initially due to this and
> fixed them
>   *for build time* (when build fails)
>   Note that packages may still use Config::CONFIG['foo'] *on runtime* -
>   Please check your package with ruby 2.2 and additional fixes
>   may be needed, e.g.
>
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/alexandria.git/commit/?id=3f8d97df41c484b9d04059a3aab49974fadf6e70

And since we are at it, one common obstacle was the MiniTest 5.x
support, the test-unit wrapper above MiniTest 4.x which was available
since Ruby 1.9.1 till Ruby 2.1 is gone together with testrb. There are
still packages which might suffer due to this, for example now I am
trying to fix rubygem-tilt and there seems to be no other way then patch
the test suite to support MiniTest 5.x. But of course this is nothing
new (neither is the Config -> RbConfig, since the Config was already
deprecated in Ruby 1.8.7 if I am not mistaken).

> And big thanks to Vít.

YAW

Vít