RDoc 4.2 issue

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 16:47:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

During the Ruby 2.2 rebuild, there was Hub package failing [1] with
strange error messages:

+ /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
Binary file /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/hub-1.12.1-3.fc22.noarch/usr/share/doc/hub/js/navigation.js.gz matches
Binary file /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/hub-1.12.1-3.fc22.noarch/usr/share/doc/hub/js/search_index.js.gz matches
Binary file /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/hub-1.12.1-3.fc22.noarch/usr/share/doc/hub/js/searcher.js.gz matches
Found '/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/hub-1.12.1-3.fc22.noarch' in installed files; aborting
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.hP0mLS (%install)
RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.hP0mLS (%install)

As its turn out, this is due to RDoc, more specifically RDoc now
compresses some of the JS files and it embeds full path to their
location. Up until now, I know about hub and rubygem-rails which are
directly affected by this issue. Nevertheless, also the other packages
which were rebuild contains similar string, however we typically move
the files from BUILD to BUILDDIR, so it was not caught earlier by RPM
build process.

This is hopefully non issue, but to completely avoid it, I reported this
issue upstream with possible patch [1].

So this is just heads up in case you face similar issue.

Vít

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=8735161
https://github.com/rdoc/rdoc/pull/341