fedora-review ruby plugin

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Wed May 6 15:01:38 UTC 2015

On 05/06/2015 08:22 AM, Josef Stribny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am the one that reported #225 when I was working on updating fedora-review
> in regards to Ruby packaging guidelines. I did some changes back then, but
> there is more that could be done.
>
> One think I would like to ask is, if we now have some mechanism on how to
> distinguish various Fedora versions or whether we should consider fedora-review
> only for new rawhide packages?

I'd suspect that fedora-review is always targeted at the latest
guidelines, which would apply to rawhide at the very least as well as
new and updated packages in existing releases. So even in a single
Fedora version new guidelines could be adopted and packages updated to
use them (often with the "if 0%{?fcXY}" checks).

>> create a fedora-review-plugin-ruby package
> somehow maintained by the ruby SIG
>
> I could probably help again and make the plugin more relevant (perhaps even
> create some checks for vagrant plugin packages), but I am not sure I want to
> maintain it as fedora-review-plugin-ruby package. I will think about it though.
>
> Regards
> Josef

I can help co-maintain if need be.

   -Mo