rpm package for ruby gems

Aditya Prakash aditya.prakash132 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:58:57 UTC 2015

> Also, some of the packages you list above are what I'd class as
> development or test packages, which should be much lower priority for
> you.  Focus on packaging runtime dependencies and you'll get there quicker.

Yeah, non-test, non-development ones seem to be more available than others.
Thanks for links btw, Dominic.

we update Ruby on Rails
> and many other gems. That means all packaged applications have to be
> updated as well. And that's why we
> have only one Rails app in Fedora.

Now there are two ;) I promise I will help with packaging. And don't worry
Sarup, I will do it on my own time.

A production ready application with unpackaged dependencies > one with all
> dependencies packaged but won't see use because of unfinished crucial
> features. The reverse would be true if we had several people working on the
> project simultaneously,

We will also need to bring Kushal on board with this.

Thanks a lot guys. You have been really helpful. I will read everything and
get back to you if I need help.

Aditya