VNCserver

Bernie Saward bernie_saward at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 7 05:44:08 UTC 2009

Hi all

I am making progress with my F11 running on Hercules - I can now access the
Internet and install packages with yum.

First I installed Midnight Commander - works a treat, then I installed
TigerVNC - and added xauth as it was a missed dependency.

I can connect to vncserver but all I get is a black screen - it has a big X
cursor, and a window with 3 check boxes that say

Accept clipboard from viewers

Send clipboard to viewers

Send primary selection to viewers

But that is where it all ends - all I can do is check/uncheck the
checkboxes.   I have no idea how to get a window up and going - not really
an s390x question but as an old mainframer I need some direction with
getting results from Linux.

All ideas/suggestions appreciated

Bern - VK2KAD