Some tasks we should get done

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue May 18 17:10:59 UTC 2010

On Monday 17 May 2010 11:03:57 am Karsten Hopp wrote:
> Am 17.05.2010 17:29, schrieb Dennis Gilmore:
> > while it is not a complete tree i think we should move the rawhide tree
> > to the fedora 12 location. it would be great if we could get some
> > hercules images based on it.  We can then work to try get F-13 and F-14
> > started
> >

> > I want to make sure that for all arches we release F-14 in the same month
> > as the primary arch is released.
> >
> > There is plenty for people to do to get things moving forward.  adding
> > s390 31 bit builds has slowed things down.
> >

> > I also wonder if we shouldn't make a 31 bit installer and kernel for
> > fedora. or is there really no demand for it?
> >
> > Dennis
>
> Phil created the last hercules images, F-11 afaik. Maybe he's got some
> time to update them to F-12.
>
> The big question atm is if we really should try to get an installable F-13.
> There's still a lot of work to do, a rough estimate is 1 - 1/2 months and
> then we'd play catch-up again with F-14. Phil and I talked about it in
> the office today and we agreed that it might be a good idea to start
> rebuilding Rawhide as soon as possible even if this means that we'd have to
> rebuild a package twice to fix SONAME problems.
alot of F-13 and F-14 can be done in parallel, if we can get F-13 done in the
next 3 months i think its worth it.  We will likely release F-12 sparc when
F-13 primary is released. ideally they happen at the same time.

> I don't think that we need a 31bit installer, the latest 31bit-only s390
> hardware is already several years old.

sure but as a community if there are people with the hardware who want
something newer we can provide it.  I guess we can see if there is any demand

Dennis