[Scitech] Experiment with sagemath and Polybori needs to be built

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 02:00:35 UTC 2012

Em 25 de abril de 2012 22:24, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
<paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com> escreveu:
> Em 25 de abril de 2012 21:37, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
> <paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com> escreveu:
> [...]
>
>  I did a test build with the linbox in fedora, but note that in Mandriva
> I packaged linbox 1.1.6 and did not upgrade to have it matching
> sagemath spkg version. So, using linbox 1.2.2 in fedora, I see:
>
> sage/libs/linbox/linbox.cpp: In function 'int
> __pyx_f_4sage_4libs_6linbox_6linbox_17Linbox_modn_dense_echelonize(__pyx_obj_4sage_4libs_6linbox_6linbox_Linbox_modn_dense*)':
> sage/libs/linbox/linbox.cpp:2308:123: error:
> 'linbox_modn_dense_echelonize' was not declared in this scope

[...]

  I think this is the major showstopper for now.

  Jerry, do you think it is reasonably to downngrade and use
linbox 1.1.6? Patching should be possible, but not much
trivial, quick guess would be to use mpz interfaces for the
apparently now deprecated or available elsewhere or other
interfaces, integer matrix operations.

  Sorry for more fedora newbie questions, but how do I query
what requires a package? E.g. in Mandriva I can use

urpmq --whatrequires foobar

asking it to know what, if anything requires linbox.

>  Need to check also upcoming sagemath 5.0 sources, but at first
> testing 4.8 that is the latest release.

  sage 5.0 will also use linbox 1.1.6 from what I understand, or at
least should be what is used in alpha builds.

Thanks,
Paulo