[Scitech] Sagemath needs a newer pari

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 04:04:48 UTC 2012

  I still did not learn all about procedures to get packages updated in
Fedora, so, I am asking for yet another "informal" review:

Spec URL: http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~pcpa/pari.spec
SRPM URL: http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~pcpa/pari-2.5.1-1.fc16.src.rpm

  As expected, pari update causes several other packages to be
rebuilt. Most notably is that in this update, libpari-gmp.so.2
major is bumped to libpari-gmp.so.3.

  With this pari, for sagemath build, it needs to rebuild at least the
previous lcalc package I asked for a review, and then actually apply
the lcalc patch, and from the installed build requires, needs do also
rebuild eclib.

Thanks,
Paulo