[Scitech] sagemath needs a lcalc package

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:49:44 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
<paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com> wrote:
>  BTW, latest pari is now 2.5.1 :-) I believe it is "try and see" what builds
> without any patches. Checking what needs previous pari should be just
> check what is linked to  libpari-gmp.so.2 as pari 2.5.x now creates
> libpari-gmp.so.3.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.  Checking what is linked to
libpari-gmp.so.2 is a starting point.  The real question is this:
which applications can be rebuilt successfully against pari 2.5.x?
I'm going to kick of rebuilds of the various pari-using applications
to see which can handle the newer versions and which cannot.  Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/