[Scitech] Fedora sagemath 5.0.rc0 - work in progress

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Tue May 8 03:08:20 UTC 2012

2012/5/7 Jerry James <loganjerry at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
> <paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  I also updated some extra patches, as sage needs to be run
>> in the buildroot environment, to generate documentation, but
>> it failed. Need to check what every gap package provides.
>
> Fedora only has GAP itself, the table-of-marks package, and xgap so
> far.  I've got a few more baking here:
>
> http://jjames.fedorapeople.org/

  I will build the ones from there. Should resolve gapdoc and sonata
missing gap modules required by sagemath.

> but more and more GAP packages have newer versions that only work with
> GAP 4.5.  Even though that version is still in beta, I'm starting to
> think about building it for Rawhide, so we can move ahead on some of
> the other GAP packages.

  In Mandriva I packaged gap packages from the
ftp://ftp.gap-system.org/pub/gap/gap4/tar.bz2/packages-2009_02_18-11_42_UTC.tar.bz2
tarball and did not update it anymore...

  You may consider packaging contents from the latest packages tarball, e.g.
ftp://ftp.gap-system.org/pub/gap/gap4/tar.bz2/packages-2012_02_03-16_59_UTC.tar.bz2

  But should be better to follow the model you are using, and at least
at first, package only what sagemath "absolutely" needs, that should
be these packages (the missing ones that cause sage to fail to start):

ctbllib
sonata
guava
factint
gapdoc
grape
design
toric
laguna
braid

these should also be well maintained packages, and should all be
in the "approved" list of gap packages.

> --
> Jerry James
> http://www.jamezone.org/