[fedora-arm] tracking of packages that have build failures

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:12:51 UTC 2011

Hi Dan,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Dan Horák <dan at danny.cz> wrote:

> Hi all secondary architectures,
>
> s390x is probably the most up-to-date secondary architecture in Fedora
> and because there are still packages that fail to build I have started a
> wiki page [1] to track that issues. It's meant as a temporary storage
> before the failure is fully analysed and
> - fix is applied to the package or
> - proper bug report in Fedora or upstream is created or
> - the set of supported architectures is updated.
> Usually a short info about the cause of the failure is written here and
> interested parties can take packages from this list and try to resolve
> the failure. Right now the list is shared mainly between s390x and ppc,
> but in my opinion it could be useful also for other arches, like in
> sparc for endianity issues same as in ppc/s390x, etc.
>
> And as you probably know it's a never ending fight because what could be
> built yesterday can fail today :-(

Awesome idea. I've got a local list for ARM that I've been tracking as I've
been building F-14 to track changes for F-15. I've been considering the best
location to document all this and that's just sorted all that problem out.
I'll spend some time over the next week or so merging the information I have
for ARM into the page.

Cheers,
Peter