GCC 4.8.2 for Fedora-PPC (and for gophers, and for other secondary arches)

David Aquilina dwa at redhat.com
Mon Oct 21 16:00:11 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

krb5 currently isn't building in rawhide on power, which breaks a very
significant chain of dependencies. Normally we build packages as soon as
they finish on primary (thanks to the power of fedmsg), but only if we
can create an equivalent buildroot.

Once we get krb5 straightened out we'll be able to fix the dep chain and
catch up.

Let me know (or find us in #fedora-ppc on freenode) if you have any
questions.

best,
David

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 01:46:00PM +0400, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Hello All!
> Could someone please build GCC 4.8.2 for f21/rawhide and push in into
> mirrors? This could really add a lot of value since this GCC release
> declared full support for golang 1.1.2 (almost every popular golang
> application requires 1.1.2 now). I already tested it on my x86_64 an
> it works great!
>
> I see that David Aquilina built gcc 4.8.2 but only for f19 branch, so
> it still not available in PPC-Rawhide:
>
> http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1870
>
> Also this could be interested for other secondary arches as well, I
> suppose - sorry for cross-posting.
> --
> With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

David Aquilina, RHCE