Making Fedora more secure, a 90-day goal.

Eric Christensen echriste at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 19:45:23 UTC 2015

On Monday, April 06, 2015 03:27:03 PM David Cafaro wrote:
> Another questions.  What is the ultimate goal of this ticket push?  Are
> we trying to get patches and updates no matter what or are we going to
> settle for somethings going to the orphaned queue?

Well, this might be a good way to see how many packages in Fedora are actually
supported.  It would be great if this was just a reminder to those package
maintainers that something is pending for one of their packages.  I suspect
we'll end up with more non-responsive packagers before it's all over with.
This will either mean the package gets pulled or someone else will step up to
maintain the package.

> Would prefer to have everything get a patch and update then go to orphan
> queue myself, but that's more work.

Yeah, that's a lot more work.  Probably a better outcome but...  I don't know.

-- Eric

Eric "Sparks" Christensen
Red Hat, Inc - Product Security

sparks at redhat.com - sparks at fedoraproject.org
097C 82C3 52DF C64A 50C2  E3A3 8076 ABDE 024B B3D1