FST post in Fedora Magazine [DRAFT]

Eric Christensen sparks at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 16 15:05:43 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:59:04 AM David Cafaro wrote:
> The security-team list should be for all public issues.  The security@
> address is for embargoed or new bugs (that may end up being embargoed
> depending on how the security@ list members handle it).

I think this is a confusion point...

We actually have three lists:

security@, security-team@, and security-private at .  I believe the first was
setup to answer questions from the community, the second was setup as a
discussion area between team members, while the third was setup for what,
exactly, I don't know exactly (I can speculate).

I wouldn't use the first two to discuss embargoed items and I'm not sure I'd
use security-private either.  It depends on how we extend the trust of
knowledge of embargoed items and I'm not the one to talk to about that.

--Eric