Fedora Extras Security Response Team

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Apr 5 22:14:34 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 16:53, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 April 2006 17:37, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > of the things  that were unresolved email notices should be sent to
> > fedora-announce.  witha copy on a website  security.fedoraproject.org if
> > need be i can host it.
>
> Does Fedora currently post their updates and advisories to a webpage
> anywhere? Before we worry about that, lets at least get to the level that
> Fedora Core is at, then go beyond.  Little steps can lead to a long way.
Fair enough.  I think core just uses fedora-announce   so  thats a start.
what is needed so that SIG members can post to fedora-announce?

> > as far as maintainers dropping support  there is the wiki and
> > fedora-extras
> >
> > for now i guess we could ask legacy  to include some of the SIG members
> > in with their embargoed email list.
>
> We don't really have much of a SIG, and what did you mean by 'embargoed
> email list' ?
Non public security reports.   however it is  that you get them. I should be
more involved with legacy  as i use it for a few systems.

> > If the maintainer does not respond in three days  then the SIG will fix
> >  the issue and release builds.
>
> Sounds fair.  I'll review the posted page hopefully sometime this week, a
> bit busy w/ LWCE and FUDCon, but I should have time either this week, this
> weekend, or next week.
thats fair.  I will be quiet  for the next 3 weeks  after Sunday.  I will have
limited net access during that time.

--
Regards

Dennis Gilmore,  RHCE