A package in review causing me some concern

Josh Bressers bressers at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 15:14:48 UTC 2006

> Hi,
>
> I think this is the correct list to email this problem to, if it isn't,
> please forgive me.

This list is the appropriate venue for such a question.  I'm sorry about
the delay, I've been annoyingly busy lately.

> I have a package in review (BZ #203257 - jfbterm) which I have some
> concerns about - namely the following=20

That bugzilla # isn't right (I'm looking on bugzilla.redhat.com)

> 8-->
> %{__cat} > 60-jfbterm.perms <<EOF
> # permission definitions
<console> 0660 /dev/tty0    0660 root
> <console> 0600 /dev/console 0600 root
> EOF
>
> %{__mkdir_p} -m 755 %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/security/console.perms.d
> %{__install} -m 644 60-jfbterm.perms \
>    %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/security/console.perms.d/
> <--8
>
> I'm not overly happy with this, but would appreciate some advice on it -
> I'm not letting the package through due to this concern.

I see no reason for this package to try adding redundant data to
console.perms.d.  The packager should be able to to just leave that out and
have the package work perfectly.  The permissions are already being set
elsewhere.

Even if jfbterm does need this file, it would be prudent to consider it a
bug and leave such things to pam.

Thanks.

--
    JB