Implementing Security Policies

Bhaskar abc.bhaskar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:45:42 UTC 2006

Dear Steven,

I am the one who confirmed about the implementation of the Linux Security
Policies.

I did my homework on PAM, SELinux, shell scripting and came to conclusion of
writing shell scripts for implementing those policies.

As I mentioned in my previous thread, my policies are from the custom server
and include enabling/disabling ftp, rlogin, rsh, telnet to particular user.

Here whenever the user logs into the system, my script would get executed
and the permissions are setted accordingly.

In the scripts, I am changing the group of the executables and setting the
permissions using the chmod command.

The point that I want to confirm with you is that changing the permissions
like this for every user as soon as he logs into the system is feasible or
not.

Regards,
Bhaskar.