New FE vulnerabilities

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Mar 9 20:14:50 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 18:32 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:

> > Is your client not smart enough to handle 'reply-list' ?  List-post
> > headers exist for a reason.  In this list, where replying privately to a
> > poster is going to be a common occurrence,

Why is that?  I would MUCH prefer if discussions would be kept on-list.
Apologies if this was explained earlier, I missed the first few posts
here.

>  I'd MUCH rather see reply-to
> > NOT get munged and create misfires to the list itself.   I'm sorry your
> > client doesn't support list-post, perhaps complain upstream?
>
> Mine isn't and I'm using thunderbird, which is imho a respectable
> client, thus assuming that clients handle reply-list is a wrong assumption.

The FC4 Evolution I'm using does kind of support it, but the option is
not very prominently available in the UI.  And because very few lists
are configured in a way that I need to take special care to get my
replies to go to the list address, the keyboard shortcut doesn't stick
very easily in muscle memory.