Are Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora Core fundamentally sound?

Wiktor Rzeczkowski rzeczkow at mcmaster.ca
Mon Mar 12 00:42:13 UTC 2007

Thanks. Yes, prelink seems to have actually been changing the files.
After running prelink to revert its actions the files and their checksums
returned to normal. Enabling/Disabling prelink can be accomplished by
setting, respectively, yes or no for PRELINKING in /etc/sysconfig/prelink
and executing the script /etc/cron.daily/prelink.

Wiktor