Security reviews for new packages

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Nov 11 19:31:00 UTC 2008

KF> I'm no expert, but I could take a look I suppose.

Another pair of eyes won't hurt, of course, but honestly I don't know
what's involved in an actual secuity review.

KF> How about we make a F_SECURITY_REVIEW tracker bug, and any review
KF> that needs extra security attention is made to block that bug.

Well, that would work but I'm thinking it's a bit premature to talk
about it until we know that there's at least one proper trained
security person who will actually pay attention to it.

I just don't want to have the security team's first contact with a
package like this to be the posting of CVEs.

 - J<