Security release criterion proposal

Pavel Kankovsky peak at argo.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Sun May 22 15:39:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011, Adam Williamson wrote:

> # There must be no known remote code execution vulnerability which could
> be exploited during installation or during use of a live image shipped
> with the release

A vulnerability does not need to involve code execution to be serious
enough. Consider a remotely exploitable vulnerability making it possible
to read any files. Or to send email (read: spam). Or to delete or corrupt
data.

(On the other hand, arbitrary code execution may be a mere nuisance
as long as it is confined properly.)

--
Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak                          / Jeremiah 9:21        \
"For death is come up into our MS Windows(tm)..." \ 21st century edition /