Upgrade Unhide package

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Sat Mar 10 07:04:58 UTC 2012

On 10/03/12 02:58, Yago Jesus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is the correct mail list so if I make a mistake,
> please accept my apologizes.
>
> I'm the author of Unhide http://www.unhide-forensics.info and I have
> noted that Unhide package from Fedora is outdated. I think you should
> upgrade the package because the new releases of Unhide improves the
> tool and fixes some bugs.
>
> Thanks
> --
Hello Yago,

You would have to contact the package maintainer to address the issues
you mentioned. If you are the developer, how about either becoming the
maintainer yourself or becoming a co-maintainer ?
Maybe the current package maintainer has abandoned the packaging process
or has other work commitments, so has been too busy to apply updates.
Please also note, we generally try and keep some kind of version
stability with each release, but that does not mean patches and fixes
are not welcome or desired.

With regards to contacting the right people, you could join
#fedora-devel on irc freenode. Or find the right mailing list.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tristan

P.S: You did contact the wrong list, this list is for security issues or
incidences. If there is a security issue with your package please file a
bugzilla on bugzilla.redhat.com.

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org