Emergency destruction of LUKS partition

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 16:30:46 UTC 2013

Personally... I just use the thermite/C4 method.

Ie., someone removes the hard drive == auto hd destruction via hidden
thermite or c4 ignition.

I also set it to trigger via too many incorrect password attempts.

That's only for my really important data though... the rest I don't care
enough about to be that paranoid.

Given that I also have roughly 50 hard drives (200GB and up)... there's
a level of security by obscurity as well... in that they'd have to find
the correct one first.

If your data is that important... relying on software shredding is
idiotic, at best.

--Lyos Gemini Norezel