F19 Firewall

Lance Lassetter lancelassetter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 18:07:59 UTC 2013

Firewalld is just not workable enough for me.  For instance I need to have quirky netfilter rules to make my squid proxy setup to work properly.  There is no easy way to do this with firewalld. Also I set up an iptables queue so that netfilter supports suricata ips mode.  This also, no easy way...

Netfilter is just so diverse and firewalld seems to strip a lot of that diversity away.

What about the idea that people who want to write their own iptables custom scripts that can be, after wiriting the script and implementening it, a smart way for the script to be imported...the whole script, into firewalld.  Last I tried, my nat rules weren't compatible with firewalld.  Like maybe a simpe iptables-save then a firewalld-save or the like.  Then maybe ask if to import it into firewalld's 'home', 'work', 'public', etc.

Lance