btrfs snapshots, rollbacks

Hubert Kario hkario at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 11:23:12 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

I agree. That is needed for /, especially on multi user systems.

What about /home? Some of those issues apply to it too, problem is that
making snapshots readable only for root user will make snapshots on /home nearly
useless (if the admin needs to be involved to restore old version of a file
he may just as well restore them from backup).

I'm afraid we will have to relax the permissions of /home snapshots.

--
Regards,
Hubert Kario
Email: hkario at redhat.com