Anaconda 22.17+ enforces "good" passwords

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Feb 26 19:45:09 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 3:58 AM, Hubert Kario <hkario at redhat.com> wrote:
> Diceware already has word lists in many languages, don't see why we couldn't
> have different random passwords (from different dictionaries) if the user
> selected different installer language.

I like diceware better than the pronounceable passphrases. Thing is I
often am too lazy to go find the dice, so if this were made easier, or
even for some contributing an external random source like a dice roll
(hey there are rng concerns floating about) might encourage more buy
in. I definitely think it's appropriate to consider i18n aspect, and
not being overly English centric.

> And what you consider pronounceable really depends on the language you
> speak... For example this is completely valid Czech sentence:
> StrĨ prst skrz krk
>
> Yes, it doesn't contain a single vowel :)

Hieratic, Arabic and Hebrew also.

--
Chris Murphy