TLS scan results for February 2015

Julien Vehent julien at linuxwall.info
Fri Mar 13 12:40:23 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-13 08:29, Hubert Kario wrote:
>> I find the reports on TLS support quite interesting, but also it is
>> hard
>> to visualize the overall trends from month to month. I wonder if you
>> had
>> considered producing graphs showing the progression for each
>> reported
>> statistic across your reports ? It might make it easier to see at a
>> glance
>> how things are changing over time.
>
> the project is now mainly in maintenance mode (partially because
> Julien -
> upstream - is rather busy lately).

That's correct, and I'm sorry about that...

I'm working with a student contributor on a TLS Observatory, currently
in beta,
at http://tls.opsec.allizom.org (visitor/n0ts0s3cr3t). Certificates
analysis is
mostly done, and cipherscan integration is next. That will take care of
the
graphing/trending part, but also add support for event workers to
trigger tasks
when specific certs/ciphers are found. We want to use that to monitor
fraudulent
certs and bad ciphers on Mozilla's domains.

Hubert: if you're planning on rewriting cipherscan, let's talk, I think
we can
merge ideas and code.

- Julien